American National University provides opportunities for individuals who are seeking to achieve their career goals by offering credential and degree programs through distance education and blended learning. American National University is dedicated to ensuring adult students have access to quality programs in career focused disciplines that provide the skills needed to be competitive in today’s changing marketplace.
- Offer credential and degree programs focused on preparing students to be competitive in the current marketplace.
- Integrate soft skills and practical knowledge students need to be effective in their chosen career.
- Assist students in achieving their academic goals through proactive support and encouragement.
- Maximize the use of current technologies to offer accessible and relevant academic programs.
- Enhance students’ educational experience in credential and degree programs to meet current marketplace needs in business, information technology, health science, and paralegal professional fields through efficient and effective access to quality curricula, learning resources, equipment, and facilities.
- Facilitate a learning environment that promotes the development of skills needed for students to be successful in professional settings while encouraging students to express their own ideas and respect the ideas of others.
- Engage students through the delivery of well-developed and relevant curricula that allows students to achieve the stated program outcomes.
- Support students from their enrollment to beyond graduation by providing individualized and interactive career services.
- Employ appropriately qualified faculty to deliver practical and theoretical knowledge, skills, and abilities that motivate students to learn and achieve their educational goals.
- Develop a collaborative culture of continuous improvement that puts students first and allows the University to consistently strive for educational and operational excellence.
American National University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (see below for campus-by-campus accreditation listing). The university has maintained institutional accreditation for over 60 years, providing an assurance that our degrees meet tested standards of quality recognized by employers, government agencies, and other post-secondary institutions.
American National University, 1813 E. Main St., Salem, VA 24153 (Roanoke Valley) is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission, with the following campuses recognized as administrative sites by DEAC:
- Bartlett Campus, 5760 Stage Road, Bartlett, TN 38134
- Nashville Campus, 1638 Bell Road, Nashville, TN 37211
The following American National University campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools:
- Louisville Campus (Non-Main), 4205 Dixie Highway, Louisville, KY 40216
- Pikeville Campus (Main), 50 National College Boulevard, Pikeville, KY 41501